Specifications & Technical Data
Duval Asphalt Mix Types
Superpave Friction Course Mixes (FDOT Approved)
- FC 9.5 – specified at 1″
- FC 12.5 – specified at 1 ½” to 2″
***These mixes would apply to a roadway with a design speed of 35 mph or greater.
- FC-5 – specified at ¾” of an inch
***This mix would be for a multi lane or limited access roadway with design speeds of 55 mph or greater.
With our CMEC/FDOT approved asphalt mix design laboratory, we can design a mix to meet most specifications.
With the exception of FC-5, all of our ready to produce mixes contain recycled asphalt.
- S-1 – This is a structural mix normally produced in a bottom lift or base lift application. This mix has a “rocky appearance” normally placed in 1 ½” to 2 ½” depths per lift. This mix is recommended for heavier traffic loads.
- S-3 – This is a structural mix that is normally placed as a top lift, however, it can be placed as a bottom lift and also works well as a leveling or overbuild course. This mix has a smooth appearance normally placed in ¾” to 1 ½” depths per lift. S-3 is recommended for standard traffic loads and is most commonly used for commercial parking lots and driveways.
Superpave Mixes (FDOT Approved)
- SP 19.0mm – This is a structural mix that is specified for lower lifts where plans may call for multiple lifts of asphalt, normally where 5″ to 7″ total depth of asphalt is required. This mix is for bottom lift applications only where extremely heavy constant traffic loads will be present, such as, interstates or shipping ports.
- SP 12.5mm – This is a structural mix that is specified in different traffic load applications depending on amount and types of traffic. In heavier traffic loads situations, this mix has an abundance of ½” stone and has a very “rocky” appearance. This is the most commonly used structural mix where plans call for a “heavy duty” application, such as truck docks with high traffic count entrances, exits, and stop & start traffic movements. This mix is specified to be placed in 1 ½” to 2 ½” depth per lift.
- SP 9.5mm – This is a structural mix that is specified in lighter traffic load applications, specifically car traffic only. This mixture has a smoother appearance than the SP 12.5 mix and works well in a bottom or top lift. This mix is specified to be placed in 1″ to 1 ½” depth per lift.
EZ STREET Cold Asphalt
EZ Street is a polymer-modified high-performance industry-changing asphalt guaranteed to permanently repair potholes, utility cuts, overlays and edge repairs in asphalt or concrete. Not only does EZ Street asphalt work in ALL weather conditions, it even works in water. No matter the location, the weather, or the time of day, EZ Street asphalt is quick, effective, permanent and requires a minimal installation crew. It is available in 35lbs bags, 50lbs bags, and bulk.